Sunday, October 23, 2016

Unsatisfied



I didn’t know anything about God,
I didn’t believe in Him.
I lived without God while I grew up…
..and I was unsatisfied with life.


So I decided to learn what I could about God,
And I learned what He was and was not.
So I found that I could believe in a God…
…but still I was unsatisfied with life.


So I went to the church that I saw down the street,
And I read the Bible each day.
I tried to live my life by His Word…
…yet still I was unsatisfied with life.


For even the demons believe in God,
And even Hitler went to church.
And Satan knows the Bible too well:
No wonder I’m unsatisfied!


So I was baptized, and I became born again,
And I was awash in the Spirit.
And I started wearing a cross ‘round my neck…
…but still, I was unsatisfied with life.


For still, I served two masters in me:
God and Mammon, heaven and earth.
One foot firmly stuck in the mire,
Even as the other I lifted on high.


So I stopped being a “believer” and became a disciple of Christ,
And now the Spirit’s not a rider but the driver of my life.
All of my mind, my heart, my soul, my life are now His…
…and finally, my life and soul are satisfied.
-gps

No comments:

Post a Comment