Thursday, October 13, 2016

The Diamond Psalm

The Diamond Psalm – gps
God.
His holiness
shines through me.
Every  action  of  mine
reflects on His everlasting glory.
Even   when   I   fail   at   something,
my   sins   still   contribute   to   His   story.
In my continual striving to become more Christlike,
 I often discover areas where  I  have made  improvements,
many more places where  my deficiencies yet yearn for correction,
and still more  categories  where  I’ve actually  taken a  step  backwards.
If I am to live in the Spirit, rather than the flesh,
I  cannot  treat  salvation  as  permission  to  sin  and  be  forgiven.
I must strive towards the Christian ideal of eliminating sins.
I   owe   it   to   the   Holy   Trinity   to   improve.
For  when I  fail,  and succumb to instincts,
it    does   not   reflect   solely  on   me.
It  also  reflects   on  my   Savior,
Jesus Christ, King of Kings;
it   greatly  grieves  the
Holy Spirit;  and
it  defiles
God.



1 comment:

  1. If the structure isn't obvious, it's by word count: one word, then 2, then 3, 4, 5, up to 12 in the center line with the large print, and back down through 11, 10, 9, and ending in the same one word it started with: GOD.

    ReplyDelete