Tuesday, March 21, 2017

The Time is almost here.

Incredible as it may seem, we are the last generation on earth.

This is not a rant against Mr. Trump. This is not a warning against nuclear war or impending climate change. We are expected to deal with these issues ourselves and with prayers to God. However, ultimately God is in control of all events, and our ending has already been written.

And our script is down to the last few scenes.

When people ask me why I believe the Bible is true, there are two reasons I give. The first is very simple: God tells me it's true, and God speaks through the Holy Spirit to me (as He does to every Believer). He responds to my prayers. His control of my life and direct and indirect movement of the path my life has taken speaks more loudly than anything in writing could.  

But the second reason is the fulfillment of hundreds and hundreds of verses of prophecies in Scripture already, from cover to cover. A full 26% of the Bible is prophetic, and there has not been a single prediction which has not come true precisely except for the ones involving the End Times, which have yet to manifest. That's the only thing left in history, as far as God is concerned. The Rapture, the Great Tribulation, and the Second Coming.

For those of you who are perhaps unfamiliar with End Times prophecy, let me help your mindset:

1) That's not unusual. Very few churches deal with it, because most pastors either find it confusing, or don't believe Revelation, or they just aren't in tune with the Holy Spirit or world events. And if they aren't comfortable with the topic, how can you expect them to preach about it?

2) It's not nearly as difficult as that makes it seem. As long as you know where to look, the sequence of events that lead up to the Rapture of the Believers are relatively clean-cut.  

3) What we need to know isn't much. AND what comes after the Believers take us Home, frankly, doesn't matter to us, because we'll be GONE - watching from Heaven as Satan plays seven years of his torturous games with all those people who didn't follow the Lord's instructions and repent of their sins. After that, Christ will Come once again and the remaining residents will be saved or condemned, and the old earth will be closed for business. But all we have to know is the lead up to the Rapture, which is almost complete.

That's right: just about anyone who's studied eschatology, the examination of the Biblical End Times (including me - God called me to that the first week or two I was saved, much to my confusion at the time), agrees that almost all the boxes have been ticked. Very little remains to be done, and the clock is ticking for a few of the time-dependent predictors to expire soon unless He comes for us in the next few years. 

My health is poor, as I've recently written about. But I have a goal of hanging on until the Lord brings the two percent of us home together...and as close as I might be to the end of my physical life, I think I can hold out until then.

How long am I talking about? Christ famously told His disciples in Matthew 24:36But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only. We cannot know the exact date, no matter how logical a particular day might seem to us. But for reasons I'll explain tomorrow, I feel very confident about the following prediction:

My daughters are eleven, and turn twelve this December. Presuming they maintain their salvation with the Lord, they will not remain on the Earth for their thirteenth birthday.

That's right. I expect that Christ will take us home before 2019. (Very possibly LONG before 2019.) And THAT means it's ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL that YOU solidify your salvation immediately, and that we all help bring as many of our friends along as we can. [If you think I'm crazy, but you believe in the Bible, either you haven't actually read the relevant sections of the Bible OR you haven't paid attention to what's going on around the Holy Land. If you think I'm crazy and you don't believe in the Bible, you're probably not reading this.]

More tomorrow, (←click here) but for homework, take a look at Daniel 11: God's Timeline while you're waiting for my next post. It may not be perfectly accurate, but he/she/it has got the key element correct: Daniel 11 is the key prophecy, and it's almost certainly closing in on fulfillment as far as we're concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment