Tuesday, December 20, 2016

The Christmas Tree Psalm


Jesus,
I’m    asking
a  serious  question:
What      should      I       get
for the omniscient, omnipotent “deity
on      the      go”      who      has      everything?
I        can’t        buy        you        a        fancy       gift:
You have everything; well, actually, you made everything!
So,
all    that
I      can     give
You on Your birthday
is total love and obedience,
and  the devotion  to Your Word
that  has  saved  a  wretch  like  me
from  being  cast  into  the  pits  of  Hell
when    my    time    on    earth    has    run    out.
Oh, and to witness and testify to unsaved sinners,
in   the   hope   that  the  Holy  Spirit   can   reach  them
and   show    them    the   Way,   the   Truth,   and    the  Light
before   they  are  condemned   to   the   same   fate  as   I   deserve.
For only through You, Christ, can we be saved from eternal damnation.
(Unless You’d
prefer some
more myrrh.
No?

Ok.)

-gps

No comments:

Post a Comment