Monday, June 19, 2017

Australian updates and more

I've not spent enough time in my writing to the Lord's benefit this past week - between assignments for my Australian account and simply being worn out, I've not done what I should. I'll do what I can to get back into the regular posts again as quickly as feasible. Thanks for your patience.

In the meantime, here are some pieces that went straight to the Act II Facebook page these past few days...

My White Christmas list for the Australian football fan - you'll probably get most of these in context, but I'll gladly expound upon request...

The AFL has come to an agreement with its players association regarding the salary pool et al for the next six years. As an American, it has several curious points - a 28% margin for the players' salary pool seems very low, and the lack of contentiousness that went on in negotiations (and then 99% of the players signed off on the agreement, so it's obviously satisfactory!).

I've been teaching for 34 years now. (OK, 33 - this is year 34 I'm starting this summer.) And never has the profession been so subjected to difficulty on all sides. It's no wonder that enrollment in teaching programs at colleges is down 35%! Who would WANT to be a teacher in this environment? 

No comments:

Post a Comment