Monday, October 2, 2017

...happy re-birthday to us...

Today is the anniversary of the re-creation of the Act II Ministries blog, the internet outreach of Act II Ministries based in Jerome, Idaho. The blog history of Act II is longer than a year - we first started posting on behalf of the ministry back in January of 2013, when my wife was still alive and we were still working together to develop the outreach and methods of the ministry.

Melissa passed away in December of 2014, and with her I set Act II aside for a while, partly in mourning and partly out of worry that I wouldn't be able to carry it on without her. But eventually I did, although it wasn't until last October 2nd that I resumed this aspect of our partnership.

I had also started a blog site dedicated to my mathematical modeling of football prognostication, which I've done for several years in Australian and American collegiate football, and also began working on for the NFL and CFL upon the start of the Following Football blog in 2014. It also slowed way down after my wife's death, and picked up again after my now girlfriend and near-fiancee Dana and I began seeing each other (I don't think that was a coincidence). Once the Act II Ministries blog began last year, I simply incorporated the FF material into the Act II blog, and it's been a very positive marriage of seemingly dissimilar content that has (simpatico!) dovetailed very nicely this year. [At the very least, it's given me a choice of topics when I'm stuck as to what I should write about!]

In the twelve months of this blog, I've officially written 324 posts - which sounds like I'm crank'n out one a day, which I guess I nearly am, but that counts two inflating facts. One is a set of eighteen posts I did last November describing the eighteen AFL teams in terms of American sports clubs; none of those posts were ever put out individually but just as links within the bigger article, but Blogger counts them as separate posts, so that's a bit of a cheat. The other "cheat" is that I have indeed reused material on occasion - either from books I've written, or poems or other pieces I've done for other opportunities in the past few years. "New to YOU", perhaps - but not strictly speaking "NEW" new, y'know? Y'knew?

Consider that my confession to God. Now, our request for blessing..

If you enjoy this blog, tell a friend. 
If you enjoy what you're reading, share it with someone else who might like it, too. 
If you enjoy something you read here, leave a comment and let me know. 
If you prefer one topic over another, let me know. 

And may God share His Love with you. May the Holy Spirit take residence in your heart, before the Son Of Man returns and splits the sky, bringing His Elect Home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment