Tuesday, November 8, 2016

A quick update on several fronts...

Moving...my children and my lady friend and her daughters, plus help from an assortment of friends and acquaintances, spent the weekend getting us moved into smaller quarters so as my strength continues to ebb, I can care for my living space as well as cater to my children better.

Prayer works, my friends. Before we started on Saturday morning, I prayed fervently for the strength to be useful and make it through the weekend - and I was lifting couches and working all the day long with minimal rest and medication! It was a miracle that only the power of prayer could have accomplished!

BOOK WRITING... I am currently focusing my efforts on two works of Christian fiction, both in approximately the midstages of writing (not editing, although I do a lot of editing as I write and re-write). The working title of one is A Commission From God, and it's a story about encouraging the world to repent of their sins if they want to go to heaven when they die. (Saying "I will follow You, Lord", and then not following Him? That's not a salvation prayer - that's simply a lie to God.) The other book is tentatively called Day 0001: The Singularity and the Six-Day War, and it combines, of all things, the 70th anniversary of the Yom Kippur War, the creation of truly sentient artificial intelligence, and the Rapture. (It's set about twenty years into the future, and at the start of the Great Tribulation, which I've taken some liberties with - not Biblically, mind you, but from the conventional thinking about it!). I have no projected completion date yet - it's not like I'm close enough to the end to know when that will be yet.

BUT, if you're interested in reading any of my earlier works - Her Name Is Alison, Soul Mates, Day Eleven (no relation to the one I'm currently working on), or the newest one, just finished last spring, FIVE, let me know and for ten dollars (self-publishing costs) plus delivery, I'll gladly send you a signature copy for your collection. 

Finally, let's touch on the failures from our FOLLOWING FOOTBALL weekend - possibly the worst set of predictions we've ever made! In the college ranks, we went 21-33 against the spread, which is pretty pathetic. In Canada, we went 3-1, but two of the games were really easy and predictable. And in the NFL, we were a Browns-esque 2-9 this weekend, with a couple of ties where we picked the same value. 

So, let's give you some free information for your trouble this time - On the College Football page, we've added the latest standings AND the latest Following Football tiers for each (A is the best, Z is at the bottom). Our top five teams right now are also Alabama, Clemson/Michigan (tie), Ohio State and Washington (and the Michigan/OSU thing will rectify itself in two weeks). Go to the college football page for more information!

No comments:

Post a Comment